March 23, 2012

DIY: Chevron Tin


Hello! Today I'm here with a quick and easy DIY for a chevron storage tin. I use my tin to keep all my little sewing and crocheting notions in. It keeps my small stuff neat and accessible!


To make this tin you will need:

- 1 small, cleaned tin with a lid
- scissors
- 1 blank sheet of shipping label paper (or any paper with a sticker back)
- clear self adhesive laminating sheets or clear packing tape
- sharpies/markers/paint
- pencil

1. Trace the top and bottom of your tin onto the front of your label paper. If you want to put a design on the inside too, trace another top. Label them so you don't forget which sticker goes where.

2. Draw and color your design. I went with the ever so trendy black and white chevron pattern for the inside and top of my tin. I just left the bottom sticker white. Polka dots or stripes would look nice too!

3. Cut pieces of your laminating sheet large enough to fully cover your design with a small overlap on all four sides. Peel off the back and stick it on top of your design, press down firmly. (you can use clear packing tape for this part if you don't have or don't want to buy the laminating sheets)

4. Cut out your stickers. Double check the size, if they are a little big just trim them down until you have it just right.

5. Peel off the back and stick 'em to your tin! Press down firmly, especially around the edges.

6. Step back and admire your snazzy new storage tin!


If you make one, I'd love to see it! Leave a comment with a link I will most defiantly check it out!
Hope everyone is having a great friday! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment