So here we go, my adventures in "quilting." I am being pretty ambitious for my first attempt and am making a queen-ish size blanket. I started with 13 half yards of fabric and cut as many 6" x 6" squares as I could from each. This brings me to my first lesson learned, when cutting your squares you can not forget to add seam allowance... Soooo instead of my finished quilt being 6"x6" squares, the seamed squares will end up being 5.5" x 5.5" which, to me, really isn't a huge deal I just added an extra square to each row to make up for the inches I lost due to my eagerness to start cutting fabric. I had read over and over again "don't forget the seam allowance" but, of course, I forgot the seam allowance... I ended up with 240 squares, which when finished, my quilt will (hopefully) be 15 squares by 16 squares making it 82.5" x 88" which I guess is kind of a weird size but whatever... I was really happy with my fabric choices, the red flowers and the yellow cottages are my favorites!
I laid out the squares and figured out where I wanted them to go, then I stacked 'em up in order and put each row in a LABELED zipper baggie. I've already sewn a few rows together and so far so good, but more on that in my next post!
Well I guess that's all for now, I am sick with some kind of awful food poisoning, yuck, so back to laying on the couch and drinking looooots of water for me! Hope you are doing and feeling well! xo Jen