December 16, 2012

Balance


So it's been a while... but I want to try to keep up with this a bit better. I really enjoy blogging but somehow it seems to always get forgotten in the shuffle of my everyday. I think the key with this for me is to keep it simple and also try to keep it relevant to whats actually going on in my life.

Lately I've been working on balance. For the first time in my creative career endeavors I am actually busy! That's such a wonderful and amazing thing for me bc I've been working at this thing for years and to get to a point where I have a list of custom orders to be completed is probably one of the most satisfying things I've ever experienced. And as wonderful as that is it brings on a new set of challenges, how do I balance my real job with my creative goals without either suffering?

The first step to that for me is getting organized! I'll be honest, I am not organized, at all, so this is new to me. But I got a little notebook and set up my month in there. I made a list of my goals, my earnings and expenses and I now have a place to write down and keep track of any custom orders I need to compete as well. At the end of the month I can reflect on how I did and what goals I accomplished. Who knew that being organized could be so dang fun?!

Other than that for now I've just been cramming crafting into any and every free second of my day and I couldn't be happier. I am so appreciative of the support I've been receiving and I am just going to keep on working my fingers and heart until I accomplish my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment