July 23, 2012

Doli Kettle

One of my favorite blogs is Misako Mimoko, I love everything that Eva creates! Her blog is so inspiring and full of charm. Eva has a few free embroidery patterns available on her blog, I made this charming little teapot lady from her Doli Kettle pattern. I choose to do something very similar to Eva and turn the finished embroidery piece into a hot pad and I couldn't be happier with the results!
I used natural muslin for the front, 2 scrap pieces of cotton canvas for the lining and the back is black and white gingham. I have plans to use another free pattern of her's, Doli Coffeepot. to make another hot pad so then I will have a set!
Yay! I love it so much when people I admire and am inspired by share patterns!
xo Jen

3 comments:

  1. Ohh! Jen! Thank you for your lovely words and for sharing your embroidered teapot!! You worked it out so beautifully.
    Love the colors and fabrics you chose, the black and white gingham of the back must look so cute!

    Can't wait to see your Coffepot ;)
    HAPPY CRAFTING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this, too! I love Eva's artwork and handmade goodies. Here is a link to my tea kettle.

    http://ranchococoa.blogspot.com/2009/07/little-embroidery.html

    ReplyDelete